Man who led authorities on wild chase from O.C. to L.A. County charged with 18 felonies
The man who led authorities on a wild chase from O.C. to Los Angeles County as they tried to serve a search warrant to his apartment was charged Wednesday with 18 felony counts, including four counts of murder and two counts of attempted murder, authorities said.
Police have said the investigation began because of a dead body found in a burned-out car that had been parked outside of the man’s apartment. Police then learned of a different dead body, found in San Diego, and the bodies were linked, and the two were linked, and the man was in possession of some “tools” that might have been used in the killings, authorities have said.
Officers discovered the man was homeless.
Officers discovered that he lived in O.C., they drove to his apartment and found it “in disarray.”
Two officers who were in the apartment during the search called to report that they saw the man leave, and a woman who lived with him called 911.
Police said a man who had been dead for three weeks showed up at a hospital emergency room, and police say he did not have a history of mental illness.
Police have taken him into custody.
The investigation is being led by the FBI.
The man is being held on $3 million bail, and authorities have obtained a warrant for his phone, and they have asked for someone to listen in on his phone to see if there is any evidence that could point to a motive. So far, they have said, there is nothing.
At The Mighty, we encourage differing perspectives and hope our lively community of readers finds stimulating and informative conversation.
We have implemented a strict new Comment Policy that requires dissenting comments to be, effectively, debates about the comment. This is in order to remove any temptation for disagreement on either side of the argument without meaningful, civil debate.
We hope you enjoy a lively and intellectually stimulating discussion with your fellow readers